- Category – 1 : IGNOU programmes
- Category – 2 : IGNOU programmes repackaged by College
- Category – 3 : Programmes prepared by the College
The college has taken up all the three types of programmes for the benefit of varied group of population of the community in different sectors like general education, professional education and skill development training:
- Non-Formal / Formal General Education
- Sustainable Agriculture / Horticulture/ Value addition
- Computer Education Training
- Local-Livelihood programmes
The college undertook several good practices for the benefit of the special group of SC/ST and remote villagers and poor farmers:
College moving to the community
- The college functionaries reached the target community at Kundura, Nuaguda, Kaudiaguda with all the necessary papers for the admission process so that the intending students from these areas need not take the difficult communications to travel to the college for the purpose.
- As the Banks and post offices are distant places for many of these intending students and are also difficult accesses for them, the college received cash as programme fees from the students and sent the same to IGNOU in the form of Draft on its own
Helping the needy students
- Arranged application forms and other documents for the fee waiving of the S C/S T community students.
- Arranged the stay of the students of remote places on the days of late classes and Examinations in its dormitories.
- Accepted the programme fees in installments as per the abilities of the poor students.
Flexible Study Timing
- Scheduled the classes suitably so that the students from difficult communications can attend the classes in time.
- Conducted classes in groups at different timings as opted by the students
- Scheduled classes during Sundays and holidays for the benefit of the learners engaged in different professions.
Personality & Soft-Skill Development
- The students from the Tribal and other backward community needed special efforts for their soft-skill & personality development. The college took the help of a consultant in soft-skill & personality development for the purpose.
- Workshops in soft-skill & personality development were held for the benefit of the students in general and the tribal students in particular.
Teaching-learning at the community
- Keeping in view the socio-economic conditions of the rural tribal students of the remote region teaching classes were held at the community( Kaudiaguda-Kundra)
Induction meeting-Field visits
- Induction meeting is conducted for the new entrants to give them details of their programmes and also for the peer interaction.
- Field visits are arranged by the college for the professional & livelihood programmes for the direct first hand experiences of the concerned students.
All the programmes are offered under credit system. One credit is equivalent to 30 hours of study that includes classroom teaching, self study at home, library, writing assignments, audio-video sessions, practicals and projects. Successful completion of a programme requires clearing the courses of required credits.
MEDIUM / METHODS OF INSTRUCTION:
The medium of instruction is generally English. However some courses of some programmes are available in oriya also. The methods of instruction includes
- Self Instructional Material: IGNOU provides study materials written in self instructional style. These materials are written in the form of blocks (booklets) normally one block per each credit course.
- Class-room Teaching: There will be regular class-room teaching for each course in the college. Teaching in the regional language also is available for the students who need so.
- Teleconferences: Live teleconference sessions are available via satellite through Gyan Darshan channel. Students can interact in these sessions of their required courses.
- Audio-Video Material: Learning packages of different courses are provided in the form of Audio and Video CDs by IGNOU.
- Praticals/ Projects: Many Programmes have pratical components. Practical
sessions are held as per required credits in the lab , garden, ploy houses/green houses available in the college.
- Teaching is done Class / group wise keeping in view the suitability of timing and days. The days and timings are fixed accordingly including Sundays and holidays. Teaching for groups start from 8.00 - 9.30 AM to 3.30 – 5.00 PM
- Students need to attend the classes 3/4 days a week in groups as suitable to them.
- Assignment/demo classes are held in common.